Starting pay for owner operators ranges from $1.21/mile plus fuel surcharge. Pay increases are given based on performance.
New drivers are given credit for their experience and can be eligible for an experience bonus for an exemplary driving record and driving experience.
All drivers can qualify for a safety bonus of up to $0.12/mile by driving:
- Without incident or accident
- A minimum average of 10,000 miles/month
See Compensation for more information.
plus fuel surcharge
To lease on with Midwest Express, we require:
- A tractor that is clean and well maintained with down-view or fender mount mirrors
- A current annual inspection
- Occupational Accident Insurance, taken through our insurance company. The cost is $172/month and can be taken through settlement deductions. Non-trucking liability (bobtail) can also be provided by Sentry Insurance and paid through settlement deductions. The cost is $39/month. We can also arrange for Physical Damage Insurance to be handled through settlement deductions (based on value).
Kansas base plates can be purchased through MWEX. We deduct $100/week from settlements until plates are paid in full. To get plates through MWEX, you will need to furnish:
- A copy of the front and back of the title, which must be in owner’s name
- A current year Heavy Highway Use Tax receipt (2290)
- A copy of the previous registration from licensing state
Our service map shows that we operate the fleet from the north (Wisconsin and Illinois) to the south (Gulf States and Texas).
Labeled cities indicate drop trailer locations. Our trailer to truck ratio is 3 to 1. We want to keep you moving, eliminating unnecessary live load and unload.